We treat all children equally and fairly, regardless of ability.
Currently, 0.9% of our children have and Education, Health Care Plan and 0.6% have a Statement.
All Birmingham maintained schools have a similar approach to meeting the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and are supported by the Local Authority.
Marlborough Infant and Nursery School is an inclusive school and we strive to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school.
Please click on the link below to see the SEN local offer.
The admission arrangements for the school treat children with SEND exactly the same as all other children and are administered in accordance with the guidance set out in the Admission Arrangement, published by the Authority. In relation to children with a statement of SEND, the school will meet with outside agency professionals and parents to ensure that child’s needs can be met within a mainstream setting. A copy of the Admission Arrangements is available from Birmingham City Council.
The following measures are in place to support increased access for children with SEND:
• The school entrance via Marlborough Road and Key Stage 1 playground are wheelchair accessible
• A disabled WC.
• Doors on main circulation routes are held open on magnetic catches, linked to the fire detection system.
• External landscapes and games areas are fully accessible to all.
• The dining hall is level and fully accessible to all pupils.
• Stairs to the first floor are for staff access only and are edged with rubber strip/bright paint to accommodate those partially sighted.
A full access audit has been undertaken and a plan exists to improve access over time, which is available on request.