Early Years Foundation Stage
At Marlborough Infants and Nursery School it is our mission to give children a love of learning that will stay with them forever. We hope to enable children to reach their full potential, to satisfy their natural curiosity and to make informed choices and decisions throughout their lives.
“Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential…a child’s experiences between birth and age five, have a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right. Good parenting and high quality early learning together provide the foundation children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up.”
Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (Dept. for Education, 2014)
Our aim for our FS1 and FS2 is to provide education and care for the children based on the statutory requirements of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (Dept. for Education 2014) which “ …sets the standards that all early year’s providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. It promotes teaching and learning to ensure children’s ‘school readiness’ and gives children the broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life.”
Children in EYFS learn through play. Through play children explore and develop learning experiences which help them make sense of the world. They practise and build up ideas, learn how to control themselves and understand the need for rules. They have the opportunity to think creatively alongside other children as well as on their own. They communicate with others as they investigate and solve problems.
We offer our children the opportunity to
- learn through play with other children and adults
- learn at their own pace with things that interest them, and where they can repeat their experiences and actions
- learn through interaction with a range of materials and resources using all their senses
- learn through being appreciated and being given responsibility
- learn through being given opportunities to be physically active and move in a variety of ways
- learn through investigating, exploring, imagining and pretending
- learn through sharing books and ideas
- learn through experiencing and exploring the outdoors
Please click on the files below to see our EYFS Policy and an outline of our daily routines.