Personal, Social and Health Education
PSHE encompasses all areas designed to promote children’s personal, social and health development. It gives our children the knowledge, skills and understanding that they need to stay healthy and safe, develop worthwhile relationships, respect differences, develop independence and responsibility, make the most of their own abilities and those of others. Our PSHE curriculum is very closely linked with, S.M.S.C., and encompasses our work within Citizenship, Social, Emotional Aspects of Learning (S.E.A.L.) and links to our school values.
We hold weekly assemblies to promote and discuss our value for that half term, explore stories and real life individuals who inspire us. Our values include responsibility, tolerance, courage, friendship, co-operation and respect. We celebrate children showing qualities of these values with values certificates in our weekly celebration assembly.
Our school mission statement reflects what we hope to achieve in PSHE.
‘To give children a love of learning that will stay with them forever. We hope to enable children to reach their full potential, to satisfy their natural curiosity and to make informed choices and decisions throughout their lives’
Our school curriculum and ethos promotes spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and prepares all pupils for the opportunities and responsibilities within their lives.
Our PSHE curriculum encourages the children of Marlborough to
- stay as healthy as possible
- keep themselves and others safe
- have worthwhile and fulfilling relationships
- respect the differences between people
- develop independence and responsibility
- play an active role as members of a democratic society
- behave in a socially and morally acceptable way
- to become involved in the life of their community
- to know about democracy and how to be an active citizens
We want our children to: -
- value the achievements they make, and the achievements of others
- make informed choices about dealing with risks and meeting challenges now and in the future.
- decide on values by which they want to live their lives.
Other linked documents:
|Marlborough Infant School No Outsiders Statement.doc||Download|
|Mindfulness at Marlborough.doc||Download|
|Rights Respecting School Policy.doc||Download|
|RRS The rights of a child.pdf||Download|